Business Development Internship
Always wanted an internship in which you can combine your knowledge in Sales & Marketing? Are you an outgoing analytical multitasker? Then make sure to apply now and join us as of February 2022 in Leiden (NL) as our Business Development Intern!
As Business Development intern you have the valuable goal to evaluate our strategies of how we get into contact with new customers. You will do this by executing all these strategies together with our sales and marketing team: calling, emailing, reaching out on social media platforms, send post messages, meeting people on events, (online) advertisements. Which strategy works best? At the end of your internship you will write a recommendation for different regions in the world on your finding.
Part of your research therefore will be actively supporting the sales team with:
Business Development activities
- Develop and execute strategy for calling campaigns
- Follow up on potential customers after a marketing campaign or event
- Reconnect with inactive ChannelEngine customers
- Provide weekly updates on the status of the user activity
Customer Relationship Management activities:
- Collect sales, market and pricing information of different regions in the world in our CRM tool;
- Getting our date up-to-date
- Generate reports on data out of the CRM tool
- Support with the preparation of online and offline events in Europe
- Prepare, coordinate, and review communication materials
What we offer you
- Individual coaching from experienced tech sales professionals
- A steep learning curve with sales skills development you will profit from the rest of your life!
- We will help you in recognizing buying signals, applying proven sales techniques, and discovering your own potential pitfalls and opportunities.
An interesting industry:
- We offer the opportunity to start your career in the exciting, fast-growing world of online marketplaces
- We are a company with ambitious plans and a fast international growth rate.
Flexible and entrepreneurial culture:
- You get a lot of guidance, but also a lot of freedom. You can work flexible hours and according to your own schedule.
- Do you have to finish some courses at school? We can find a workaround so you can combine your internship with your studies.
- Great colleagues in the US, Europe, Asia and Australia who are very knowledgeable in the e-commerce field!
- Friday afternoon drinks at the office, unlimited supply of coffee and (healthy) snacks and great team outings!
After succcesfully completing your internship your can stay in a job as Business Development Representative!
Who are you?
- You are interested in becoming a true sales professional, leader and executive!
- You can handle a few no’s before receiving a convincing yes.
- You are eager to learn and love receiving and giving feedback.
There are also some compulsory requirements:
- You are enrolled as a Bachelor (3rd, 4th year preferably)/Master student in the area of Economics, Business Management, Marketing or Engineering/Science for the whole period of the internship (if you are a non-EU citizen, you need to be enrolled at a Dutch university)
- Ideally available to start in January or February 2022 for a minimum of 5 months, 4-5 days per week;
- You are fluent in English - oral and written;
- You are able to work from Leiden if the COVID-19 situation allows us to go to the office.
- Please note that you are required to relocate to the Netherlands (if abroad) for this internship and get a BSN number.