Technical Support Engineer
We are an international, fast-growing tech scale-up. You are tech-savvy, very customer-oriented, and analytical.
Would you like to use these skills to support 2000 brands and customers, who are using our e-commerce SaaS-platform to connect with marketplaces around the world?
As Technical Support Engineer you are the first point of contact for all technical questions, related to our e-commerce marketplace Saas-platform. The questions are very diverse and you’ll speak to both technically and non-technically versed customers. So you’re able to adapt your story to the knowledge level of the customer.
Next, you analyze, assess, and resolve technical issues from our customers around the globe. In complex cases, you’ll translate issues into assignments for our software developers.
- Really helping our customers with every call or e-mail when they have technical questions about our E-commerce marketplace Saas-platform
- Analyzing each problem and finding the right solution. Has anything changed recently causing this to go wrong? Did this happen before? How often does this happen? When does this happen? Can you find something in older tickets or documentation? So, we expect more from you than simply forwarding a ticket to another department or employee!
- Solving problems as quickly as possible or explaining to the customer what action is needed. If necessary, you escalate an issue to 2nd level tech support or refer to Customer Success for advice on how to use ChannelEngine successfully
- Suggesting general technical improvements to avoid similar issues in the future
- Continuously think about (customer-oriented) improvements. Such as processes that can be smarter, communication that can be faster or better, or maintaining internal documentation on how to deal with common technical issues and problems
In short, we offer a key role without a routine for a problem solver like you. Did we get you enthusiastic?
What does ChannelEngine have to offer you?
- A very steep learning curve: in this role, you work together with experienced support-, customer success- and software development colleagues
- The opportunity to further develop yourself in the field of customer contact, technology, and e-commerce
- Working for a company that is leading the world of e-commerce and online marketplaces. You grow along with a fast-growing company with international ambitions
- Exciting opportunities to experience and grow into new functions such as Technical Project Manager, 2nd Level Tech Support, Software Development, Customer Success, etc
- Lots of freedom! Whether it is about being able to out pick up your bright ideas straight away or about your working hours.
- And there's more than enough room to enjoy life. We're in the heart of Leiden, with a Wednesday market around the corner. We want our colleagues happy and healthy, so there's quality chairs and standing desks to work at, and free fruit all day long
Who are you?
This really makes you the perfect colleague to support our customers:
- Experience as Technical Support Engineer at a support desk
- You are familiar with APIs and data formats (such as XML, CSV, and JSON)
- Technical integration experience with e-commerce systems such as Magento, Woocommerce, and Prestashop
- Excellent communication skills, both writing and verbal, in English and one other language
- 32-40 hours per week available; 9:00-17:00 hrs or if you prefer 15:00-23:00 hrs
What is ChannelEngine?
ChannelEngine is a fast-growing SaaS solution, offering leading brands, distributors, and retailers of all industries a solution to connect their systems to the most important international Marketplaces and sales channels while optimizing sales, minimizing time, and maximizing profit and reach.
ChannelEngine's story began in 2013 when it became undeniable that marketplaces were going to be one of the most important elements of the global e-commerce market. We saw an opportunity to make these powerful platforms available to any business. Our 15+ years of e-commerce experience helped us build the most complete marketplace management suite and now, 7 years later, we facilitate the sale of over 6 million products from 2000 brands to over 100 marketplaces. Our platform is used by many strong and well-known companies. Some of the many great names we work for are JBL, Bugaboo, Brabantia, Brunotti, Hunkemöller, RB (Finish, Airwick, Durex, Nurofen), Body & Fit, Nelson, Libbey, Signify, Staples, Polaroid, and many more.
ChannelEngine is growing at an extremely rapid pace and currently covers Channels in Europe, the US, Canada, and Mexico and is currently on a mission to cover the globe.
Do you like change and innovation? Are you looking for high-energy and driven people to work with and achieve ambitious goals together while having fun? Are you ready to grow with us? Don’t hesitate to send in your application!